Wednesday, October 24, 2007

7 1/2 habits

Of the 7 1/2 habits of highly successful learners, the easiest one for me to cultivate is Habit 7, which is "teach/mentor others". I enjoy helping people who are motivated to learn and find that in doing so, I learn from them at the same time. It really reinforces my own store of knowledge and as I learn more, I want to go even further.
The most difficult habit to acquire would be accepting responsibility for your own learning. Sometimes it's all I can to get through the day and learning something new seems too daunting and difficult a task. It requires that I break out of what might be a comfortable rut and stretch myself in ways I can't imagine doing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Helping and teaching someone how to find information is a form of mentoring. When you do you can really influence someones life.
This 2.0 is great because it is forcing some of us (including myself) to learn and move more into the technology future.

Logan Ragsdale said...

Hey welcome. I just starting back , trying to catch up. Good luck with it all. talk to you soon. See you on desk.

Dan said...

Accepting responsibility was my choice for the hardest of the habits too.